The highest evolution of druid

Saturday 20 June 2009

RIP WoW- or death by patch 3.2

I really should not leave the country. I blame myself. A week or so away from WoW and Blizz seems to have gone completely apeshit bonkers. When I say that they are going mad, I do not mean they are going a little eccentric like your great Aunt Betty who smells of moth balls. No, I mean full bore window licking, diaper wearing, pant sniffing mentalist.

Yes Blizz, I am looking at you with my Boomdaddy eye of Mordor. Why are you systematically destroying everything that I care about in this damn time sink of a game?

What has got my goat? Patch 3.2 has. Most specifically, the proposed changes to the emblem and badge system.

ALL Heroic instances and Pre-Ulduar raids will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead of Heroism or Valor.

Heroic Daily and Daily Dungeon quests will also award Emblems of Triumph.



Ok, it seems that Blizzard is not satisfied with the already dumbed down product that WoW has become. Now it needs to feed T8.5 and T9 gear to the scrubs who cannot handle real raid content. I mean for fucks sake break this down.....lets say the average scrub plays for 3 hours per day Monday-Friday and 6-8 hours over the weekend. How many Emblems of Conquest can said scrub pick up in a good week?

Lets see...
47 Emblems per week from Heroic 5 mans IF they only do each one once per week. (if you ran CoS and Gundrak daily it would be 77 Emblems just for those 2 instances).

15 Emblems from a Naxx 10 clearence

15 Emblems from a Naxx 25 clearance

6 from VoA (10 and 25)

2 from EoE (10 and 25)

8 from OS (10 and 25)

So whats that , then? 93 Emblems (or 123 if you do CoS/Gundrak) without breaking too much of a sweat. Jesus wept. Throw in 14 Emblems of Triumph for doing the two instance dailies for T9 good measure, why don't you Blizz?

Which ever way you shake it, the worst players are going to have T8.5, T9 and Ulduar crafted gear coming out of their scrub arses inside 4 weeks. Yes Ulduar best in slot crafted gear! Why? Because all those Emblems means Runed orbs from heaven, like it was Christmas.

And what is all this about? Money. Top end raiders (that are now leaving the game in droves)make up 5% maybe of the customer base. Casuals the other 95%. If Blizzard lose the 500,000 raiders due to the homogeneous soup of shit that the game is becoming, so be it. The will replace them with 4 million more punters that want to be spoon fed content and gear, without having to put any effort in to learn their class or instances. The scrubs will be visiting Ulduar for the first time with gear that already outclasses the instance content. Its ridiculous Blizzard, totally gut fucking wrenchingly obscene. But its what the whiners on the forums want, and they are the ones that will pay your juicy bonus at Christmas time and fluff your share options.

It ain't much and will make no difference....but you are not getting my subscription money this month psycho Blizz. Poke it where it smells funny. I am going to have a look at what else is out there, starting with a 10 day free trial with Warhammer. Yeah, its probably shite but it is worth a look and a change of scenery. Its at 20% download right now and taking forever. After that who knows. If nothing grips me it will either be back to WoW or give up all this MMORPG non sense and concentrate on work, and my screen play.

In the meantime happy Booming.

7 comments:

  1. the important point your missing ,,, at least to an extent , is that the patch your talking about has not happened , it won't happen for several months , and there is always a whole world of stuff that never makes the patch .

    I doubt the badges of triamphat for the dialys will make it . because its very much one of those stupid ideas blizzard quickly drop ,

    conquest badges for heroic's , well thats just sunwell badge upgrades by anotehr method , the same basic pricipul applies ,, accesses to kit form the previous tier to the leading edge one for badges .

    but we are talking about a minimum of 3 months , and more likly 5 months till patch day . thats a long haul by which time guilds will be clearing uldar ..

    right now what do we have to gain form heroics ,, nothing , heroics are for alts and off spec kit upgrades if your luckly , theres very little need to do them ,, so getting groups for heroics is geting a little harder each week in some ways

    don't get me wrong I think making it too esay to get conquest gear would be a bad thing , but conquest kit is entry level for uldar ,, even with the T8.5 , none of its BIS

    and by the tiem this happens uldar will be getting on towards farm staus for even the not quite hardcore guilds ,, you will nt be in uldar after the patch you'll be getting your arse spanked in the new raid :)

    anyway the day everything in effectivly Alpha patch notes acctually hits live will be a cold day indeed .

    ReplyDelete
  2. do your hoework. B4 you say tier 8.5 isnt best in slot..take a look at the rogue..Foot pads of silence (crafted Ulduar) BIS. Tier 8.5 Helm and Chest BIS. Belt of the twighlight assasin BIS. Horrid idea and IMO you sound like a casual. Blizz should make New Heroic Hard level 5 mans. How about WOW Jr. this move is fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the PTR is already up. his patch is not as far off as you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the tiem this happens uldar will be getting on towards farm staus for even the not quite hardcore guilds ,, you will nt be in uldar after the patch you'll be getting your arse spanked in the new raid :)


    Yeah cause im gonna wanna spend hours wiping and paying repair bills when i can just run regulars and dailies for the same gear. May take a little longer, but the game is casual now. No longer a need to DOWN content, just get your badge gear (which IS best in slot) and down a couple of bosses.

    Top end raiders (that are now leaving the game in droves)make up 5% maybe of the customer base. Casuals the other 95%. If Blizzard lose the 500,000 raiders due to the homogeneous soup of shit that the game is becoming, so be it. The will replace them with 4 million more punters that want to be spoon fed content and gear, without having to put any effort in to learn their class or instances. The scrubs will be visiting Ulduar for the first time with gear that already outclasses the instance content.

    Yes and once casuals realize the game has no challenge anymore (just a longer wait) and they quit or take a long hiatus what will blizz do? They lost their HARDCORE fan base, and casuals are just that CASUAL. They hold no allegiance to WOW and will eventually leave for the next best thing and QQ till that gets changed to suit their needs! "oh its so hard to get a group" ASK YOUR F**KING GUILD TO RUN YOU, IF YOU DONT HAVE A GUILD GET INTO ONE, AND IF YOU CANT THEN START YOUR F**KING OWN LAZY B**ATARDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your base argument. This is shite. I have been playing my druid for over 4 years and I have seen similar things happen or almost happen, but nothing quiet this dumbed down. When I first heard about what they were doing my initial reaction was to quit playing, but I figured, as the last guy said, that there is a chance, and a good one, that this change will never actually hit servers.

    Although, the fact that they would even propose this absurd idea pisses me off. I remember when people found out what the level 61 greens looked like in BC, raiders were furious, and I didn't blame them. A lot of them did quit. But at least it was somewhat understandable, being that it was a new expansion and the first one they ever had. This is different, this is just another patch to suffice our boredom until Icecrown Citadel is opened. In no way should there be a change this drastic that undermines the entire concept of guild progression and what it means to be a raider. I was truly upset when I realized how simple the first 4 raids in WotLK were, and even more so when we started to realize that CC was pointless. But when Ulduar came out we thought that Blizz had seen the error of their ways and wanted to repent. If this change to the badge system does make live realms I don't know how I will react.
    I will say this though. With all the hard feelings I have about the way they're undermining raiding. I don't raid for the gear. I mean it is a nice added benefit. But I raid for different reasons. I raid for content. I raid for a challenge. I raid for the friendships and bonds formed amongst guildmates. I raid to have fun. And even though when this patch hits, every newb will be able say that they pwned Yogg, I can say that now. Well, at least that my guild can down him. And when the patch does hit I’ll be going right into the new content, and I will clear that before these newbs do, so I will still retain my bragging rights.
    You are right though, this is about money. 5% Vs. 95%. It’s also about how much effort they put into raids Vs. the rest of the game. The put A LOT of work into the Vanilla WOW and BC raids and only 4-5% of players really got to see that stuff, and part of the reason is I think they want many more people to see the work they have done. But they do still have content for hardcore raiders, like the new Argent raids. And if that’s what I have to do to stay ahead, then so be it.
    As a druid, and primarily a Boomkin, I have seen raiders endure many hardships in my day. Warlocks told they aren’t good enough for high end content. Priest told they can't spec shadow. Warriors embarrassed by the new dire bear form and the Demo locks Felgaurd. Shamans having the ability to tank taken away from them. Mages constantly harassed about their mana problems. And all-in-all Blizz has handed power to the Druid on a silver platter and I thank them for that. Back in UBRS, ZG, Scholo, I only got to heal, I could only dream of what it would be like to dps or tank. When BC hit they gave us the world and we have never looked back. So from that perspective, with all the shitty things that has happened to raiders. We Druids should be humble and appreciate what we still have. I mean after all, I am not at all disappointed with the new boomkin buffs in the upcoming patch. And I look forward to the new content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hate to remind you, but IT HIT. Lol

    ReplyDelete